Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) Concrete Works for Bridges (B80 Grey Card)
This is an RMS course based around bridgeworks concreting. It covers the key parts of RMS specification B80 – Concrete Work for Bridges – and is aimed at engineers, supervisors and particularly field workforce involved in concrete construction related to bridgeworks. Note that B80 requires 50% of the work crew doing the concreting work to have Grey Cards, including the site supervisor. The course runs for around 4 hours, and is completed in a classroom style – all theory.
Completion of this course is a requirement of some roadworks, and bridgeworks contracts let by RMS or by local councils in NSW or ACT.
The course provides a basic introduction and overview of the B80 specification with a focus on understanding why concrete behaves the way it does, and why good construction practices are so important for strong, durable concrete structures. The course covers:
* why good concrete matters
* formwork and reinforcement
* placing and compacting concrete
* screeding, finishing and curing
Upon successful completion of the course, we will arrange for RMS NSW to issue the B80 Grey cards.
The course is run by RMS-registered Grey Card Trainers Andrew Deck or Ian Deck, drawing on over 50 years combined experience working with RMS bridge concrete. We have been conducting this training for over 10 years, and have trained over 2,000 people from companies such as Abigroup, Lend Lease, John Holland, Bouyges, Smithbridge, Abergeldie, CIVMEC, as well as many of the smaller Tier 3 FRP subcontractors and piling contractors. We have run courses from Perth to Sydney, Melbourne to Brisbane, as well as in remote parts of western NSW.
Each course runs for approximately 4 hours.
We offer a number of convenient options:
- Face to Face Group Training. We can deliver a training course for groups of up to 20 people at a time. We can come to your site or office, or we can arrange a training facility. We have trained people in all parts of NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and WA. This will generally be the most convenient and cost-effective option for groups of 8 or more people. To explore this option, please contact us.
- Online Training – Facilitated. Our trainers will guide you step by step through the online course, assisting you with the concepts and explaining the content in greater detail as well as answering your questions. Unfortunately this option is temporarily unavailable. If this option would be of interest to you, please contact us to discuss further, as we are hoping to have this option back up and running in the near future.
For further information or to discuss training requirements, please contact us